• Reminders

    Important Dates:

    HCAFA Executive Committee Meetings, Spring 2020 (All meetings start at 10:30 and finish at noon. Most meetings are at Harper L204.):

    • Fri., March 20, 2020 (March 20th meeting cancelled)
    • Fri., April 17, 2020
    • Fri., May 22, 2020

    Light Meal Served

    For information or to check if the time or location has been changed, call Hasmig or Amy at the IEA office.  (847 359-0300), 553 N. North Ct., Suite 210, Palatine


enrollment form 2019-2020

Older Enrollment Form 2018

Older enrollment form 

You become eligible to join the union when you teach at least 3 credit hours per semester (excluding the summer session) for four consecutive semesters.  Actually you are eligible to join at the beginning of the fourth semester.  You should get an enrollment form and information about joining HCAFA  in the mail from us at the beginning of the semester that you become eligible.

Above is the 2019-2020 sample enrollment form (click on the link).  We urge you to download the form, fill it out, and send it to Janice Cutler in the Math/Science Division through interoffice mail.

If you prefer having an enrollment form sent to you, to ask questions,  or to update your information, please contact us using the form below and include your contact information!  We will get a form to you ASAP. If you already have an enrollment form and have filled it out, you can send it to Janice Cutler in the Math/Science Division through interoffice mail.

Some important notes:

1. We can use your Harper email, but we’d prefer to use  your non-Harper e-mail address if you have one.

2. The social security number is important to help us find adjuncts who are already paying dues at another institution.   The member may elect to withhold the social security number..

3. We occasionally use US Mail to contact members, so a current US postal address is important, and members should notify us of any change in contact information.

4. Members do not have to fill in the dues information in the center of the form. The Membership Records Keeper will complete the information, sign as Association Representative, and return the member copy (gold) to the new member. Unless the member writes in a $10 contribution for NEA FCPE, it will be assumed they elect NOT to make this contribution.

5. If a new member is already paying IEA/NEA dues at another institution (for example, Oakton, COD, Roosevelt, or a K-12 school), they should indicate that to us, with or on their enrollment form. In that case, they pay only LOCAL dues of $25 a year to us.

6.  Make sure you fill out the upper third of the form as well as sign and date the bottom!  All remaining spots on the form are either optional or will be filled in by the records keeper at HCAFA.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s